Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Excuses...

So as part of our New Year's resolutions, our family headed out to church yesterday morning like so many others dedicated to being more regular attendees.  I have to say that when I go hear our Pastor I always feel a little better about my life.  He is a great speaker, funny, and right in the trenches of marriage and parenthood, just like me.  So the sermon yesterday was called "iQuit: Making Excuses"...sounded like something I needed to hear!  And he started off by saying "many of you are probably here because you made a NY resolution to come to church"...busted!  He also talked about how people find excuses not to exercise like "I'm not a morning person" or "the kids just make me so tired"...busted!  He also told a wonderful story about how if he hadn't gotten in the car and driven to the gym on this one particular day, well then, he wouldn't have met the cute girl holding the clipboard, who is now his wife.  (see the complete sermon here www.hpumc.org/cornerstone)
So, I set the alarm last night, got up this morning and worked out.  I know, not a big deal, it's only one day and one time, but at least I did it because...I'm not a morning person and the kids DO make me tired! :)  Hopefully on Wednesday when it's time to set the alarm again, I will remember the sermon I heard and try my best not to make excuses.

2 comments:

Ames said...

I'm proud of you for getting up this morning! And I'm sorry that I was making excuses and staying in bed while you were getting up! I should have listened more closely yesterday...

Cat said...

I think working as late as you did gives you good REASON (not an excuse) for getting some sleep this morning. Don't beat yourself up! :)