Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day

Today's MLK Day and unlike about 90% of America, I'm working. After being prompted to do so, I thought I'd take a few minutes to read Letter From a Birmingham Jail by Dr. King. After doing so, I'm embarassed that (1) it took me 40 years to read this, and (2) I had any resentment for working today. I'm also amazed that he wrote this while sitting in a jail cell, without access to literature or any other resources. I wish I could put coherent thoughts together while sitting in a quiet office with the resources available on the Internet just a click away. Even if you have read this more recently than 40 years ago (he wrote it April 16, 1963), it's still worth a read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work up. Different between CITY life and VILLAGE life.