Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One month down, 325 beers to go...

One month into my beer quest/journey/challenge, and here are some stats and thoughts:

41 unique (as in "different," as they weren't all "unique" in the other sense) brews. They came from 9 different states in the US (California, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Oregon and Texas), plus 7 foreign countries (Germany, Jamaica, Scotland, Mexico, Netherlands, Australia, and England). I am 10 beers ahead of schedule with 325 beers left and 335 days left in the year (but I don't anticipate keeping up that pace for the rest of the year).

Lowest ABV 3.5 (Amstel Light), highest 11 (Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 10), with an average of approximately 6.36 (two unknowns). Mostly bottles at home; a few on draft or from the growler; only two were from cans so far.

I'm liking a lot of these beers that I've never tried before, as well as some of those old favorites that I've revisited. However, I'm increasingly aware of how bad some of the beer is that I used to drink and that so many of my friends drink. Oh well...more good beer for me!

No comments: