Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Boys will be boys...

After 4 days in the car with a moody (seriously, is it time for that) and very disgruntled tween, I decided that God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave me 1 girl and 3 boys. Boys are easy. They eat, they sleep, they fight, they move on. Now girls, a completely different story. The drama....my gosh the drama. And the sass!!! And the attitude...and all of this from a 9 year old!!! I mean, we are not even dealing with a teenager yet Lord help me! So boys seem so much easier...unless it is the day after a long road trip and you are tired and they are tired and everyone has a vacation hangover. Then, boys are impossible. The fights turn ugly and tears start to flow. The whining is unbelievable and the pestering intolerable. There is one thing that remains constant, though, no matter the circumstances...and that is that boys will always be...boys. Today for instance, with my patience at an all time low and my frustration at an all time high, Will chooses to make some very bad choices. Namely, he decides to pee in the outdoor toy box. Why, you might ask? I, too, asked that question. Why Will? Why? The answer..."I dunno, because I can. You always let us pee outside." Yes, outside, on the side of the house near the fence if you just can't make it inside...but not in the toy box....gross!!! This just weeks after he decided to pee down the slide...also gross. And all of this during a time when he just can't seem to keep his hands off his privates!!!! I mean really! So on our first day home from vacation, our day of rest and rejuvenation, here is the short list of all that took place... bowling, inappropriate peeing, snake skin discovery, live snake discovery, bike rides, bike crashes, mud pits, spit balls, scooter races, friends over, football games, a picnic lunch, a lost tooth and finally, showers and bedtime. Makes me tired just to type it. So, with all my little monsters now in bed, I am writing this blog to help me recognize the humor in my crazy life, and trying to remember that even though I deny it most of the time..this is indeed what I signed up for, what I hoped for, the kind of life I wanted to live and the kind of mom I wanted to be...sass, snakes, pee and all.

1 comment:

The Ratliffs said...

Ooooooh my.... thank GOODNESS for Clorox, right?