Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holidaze....

Why is it that we wait and wait for Christmas all year and then when it finally comes, we make ourselves so busy, so crazy that we miss it! The house is finally decorated, inside and out (or at least as much as it is going to be), the presents are mostly bought, and school is almost over. This is the beginning of my favorite time of year...when the kids are out of school and the craziness is finished and all we have left to do is rejoice, relax and renew our tired spirits. The most amazing gifts of Christmas for me are the pure and innocent belief of my children, the love and laughter of our family together, and the time to enjoy it all. And although we are missing our daddy right now while he works tirelessly on a big case, we look forward to what we know lies ahead....celebrating Sam's birthday, end of school Christmas parties, Daddy finishing his work, and the true beginning of our Christmas time together. I am the one who is always weeping when the church choir sings Oh Come All Ye Faithful, when my children read the story of the birth of Jesus on Christmas Eve and light the advent candles, and when my sweet husband and I get to finally sit on the couch and snuggle with all 4 little ones sleeping, knowing that Santa has come and that there is peace in our home and in our hearts. It seems appropriate that my first posting on this amazing blog that Ames so sweetly put together for me is about Christmas. Love to him and to all my precious babies, and thanks to God for the incredible gift of his Son, without which, I wouldn't get to experience this magic.

No comments: